Structure and content of Emerging Leaders
Emerging Leaders Spring 2022 is structured one module of residential learning undertaken over one week. The course commences at lunchtime on Monday and ends mid-afternoon on the Friday. With the exception of the first day of the course, your typical course day will start at 9.00am, with sessions generally finishing no later than 7.30pm. Regular breaks for reflection, recuperation and refreshment are included, as well as opportunities to network with the rest of your group so out of hours coursework is kept to a minimum. Attendance at the residential week is compulsory.
- Your Leadership Style
Workshops on leading yourself and others and inclusive leadership will help you to build an understanding of leadership styles and explore the value of difference.
- The Business of Leadership
A solid grounding in business skills is essential for cultural leaders today. The course helps you get started by providing sessions on financial management and strategic planning.
- Leading Others
Working with others is a critical pilar of leadership. The Emerging Leaders course includes content to help you develop your ability to influence others, tackle tough conversations and advocate successfully, and work with others to lead and manage change effectively.
- Post-Course Mentoring
In addition to the training offered on the residential, you have the opportunity to join a mentoring programme designed to offer further support once the course has finished.
We understand that people learn in different ways and the course design reflects this. It blends practical skills and tools, real-life examples and individual and group learning. There are also opportunities to listen to cultural leaders talk about their experiences of leadership, and what they have learned along the way. Sharing and learning from your other cohort members is strongly encouraged.
- Our values of excellence, inclusivity and learning are at the core of our approach;
- We strive to create a positive learning environment with spaces that are safe, open and inclusive and with your wellbeing considered throughout your course;
- Participants are supported to learn from their peer group and from a diverse range of highly experienced leaders and trainers from across and beyond the cultural sector;
- Life-long learning is key to self-leadership. With facilitated learning reviews throughout the course you are encouraged to cultivate a practice of regular reflection, enquiry, debate and action;
- You will be supported to identify your strengths, your values and areas for further development.