Structure and content of Emerging Leaders
The course content is divided into four main areas:
Your Leadership Style
Workshops on Leading Yourself and Others and Inclusive Leadership will help participants to build an understanding of leadership styles and explore the value of difference.
The Business of Leadership
A solid grounding in business skills is essential for cultural leaders today. The course helps you get started by providing sessions on Financial Management and Business Planning.
The ability to influence others, advocate successfully and lead teams for the first time are topics covered on the course with lots of opportunity to practice.
In addition to the training offered on the residential, participants have the opportunity to join a mentoring programme designed to offer further support once the course has finished.
We understand that people learn in different ways and the course design reflects this. It blends practical skills and tools, real-life examples and individual and group learning. There are also opportunities to listen to cultural leaders talk about their experiences of leadership, and what they have learned along the way. Sharing and learning from each other is strongly encouraged.
- Participants learn from a diverse peer group and from the highly experienced leaders and trainers from across and beyond the cultural sector;
- Our values of excellence, inclusivity and learning are at the core of our approach;
- Life-long learning is key to self-leadership. You will be encouraged to cultivate a practice of regular debate and reflection, enquiry and action;
- You will be supported to identify your strengths, your values and areas for further development.
We will ensure that the learning environment and your wellbeing is considered throughout your course. We will create a safe, open and inclusive working space through the experience of our diverse cohort of facilitators, trainers, coaches and through our choice of venues. For more information please see the complete guide.
Other than the first day, your day will start at 9am, with sessions generally finishing no later than 7.30pm. There are regular scheduled breaks for reflection, recuperation and refreshment. We appreciate the value of networking with the rest of the group so keep any out of hours coursework to a minimum.
- Please note the Emerging Leaders course commences at lunchtime on Monday and ends mid-afternoon on the Friday.
- The course is fully residential and your attendance is required throughout.
- All accommodation and meals are provided.
Closing date for all applications is noon, Tuesday 11 June 2019.