In selecting participants for our Programmes, we are not looking for perfectly formed leaders, but we are looking for people who aim to lead...
- Authentically - know themselves and are true to themselves, are self-aware, recognise their strengths and the gaps in their experience, and can identify clear personal and professional objectives for applying for a place on Clore Leadership
- Creatively – with the flexibility to think laterally, innovate, solve problems and encourage change
- With passion and ambition - for their work, not just themselves - with purpose, motivation, determination and drive that they can communicate to others, both within and outside their organisation or specialism; are powerful advocates, politically astute and able to convey a convincing narrative; communicate effectively in writing, speaking and in groups, and are skilled in presentation and negotiation
- Strategically and courageously - are optimistic and forward-looking, alert and entrepreneurial, with the ability to analyse complex information, assess risk, be resourceful and make choices - even when coping with ambiguity, uncertainty and complexity; and with the knowledge, judgment, confidence and resilience to seize opportunities and take decisions
- With an enquiring mind - and the capacity to reflect and learn, with curiosity beyond their current specialism and an awareness of the wider context; they understand and are open to new business models and ways of working, and are competent and comfortable with technology
- With integrity - they demonstrate honesty, generosity, humility and openness, and welcome diversity. They can build relationships, encourage collaboration and create the conditions for others to excel; they set high standards and have the ability to motivate and develop others; to form, value and give inspiration to a team, to be hands-on and to delegate when appropriate
- Practically - they translate vision into action, demonstrate proven achievement in their professional life, and are focused, realistic and self-motivated, leading delivery
We will also be looking for the extra imaginative "spark" that marks an outstanding potential leader. This should give us an indication that the individual will be able to initiate and innovate, to energise and inspire, as well as deliver. If this is you please read the complete guide to our courses below.