Cost and Finances
The Fellowship Programme is generously supported by a range of funding partners. We aim to remove the economic barriers to participation as much as possible and most Fellowships are fully funded.
What’s included in funded Fellowships:
- The cost of two residential programmes including tuition and all course materials.
- Accommodation meals and refreshments for the duration of the residential courses.
- Specially designed skills-based workshops and other learning opportunities.
- Support from a mentor and coach.
- Training budget of up to £7,500 towards the costs of your individual development programme. This is available to all Fellowships (including employer-supported Fellowships).
Self-employed or taking career break
If you are self-employed or taking a career break whilst on your Fellowship, you will normally be eligible for a bursary of £15,000 for UK and Ireland Fellowships, paid directly to you; except for self –funded or employer-supported Fellowships.
In part or full-time employment
If you are planning to remain in employment during your Fellowship (and have been awarded a funded Fellowship), your employer will be able to claim a contribution towards compensation for the periods when you are away from the workplace. The maximum amount we will offer is £15,000. You will be expected to take a significant break from your workplace in order to fully participate in the programme. Some Fellows find it helpful to devote a day a week, or a few days a month to their work throughout the Fellowship and we will discuss the best option with you if you are offered a Fellowship.
If you receive an Employer-Supported Fellowship your employer will normally continue to pay your agreed salary, National Insurance, any agreed pension contribution and other current benefits and entitlements for the duration of your Fellowship. Your employer should also meet any back-fill costs throughout the Fellowship. You will be expected to take a significant break from your workplace in order to fully participate in the programme.