Before You Apply
Check Your Eligibility
Carefully read all the Fellowship eligibility information. If in any doubt, please contact us to confirm whether you are eligible.
Check Your Availability
Check your availability for the period of the interviews and for the mandatory residential courses. If you work for an organisation, you will need to talk to your employer about taking between five to seven months out to undertake the Fellowship, starting in January, in addition to the two week residential course in September/October.
Find a Nominator
You will need to find a nominator. Your nomination is an assessed part of the application process, so it is important to select your nominator carefully. If you are currently working for an organisation, your nominator must be your current line manager, Director or Chair. If self-employed your nominator must be a client you have worked for/with recently and who can comment on your leadership acumen and development needs.
You will be asked to:
- Tell us the types of Fellowships you want to apply for and why you are a suitable candidate for each.
- Write or relay short essay responses to questions on your leadership experience, acumen and ambitions.
- Tell us about your professional experience.
- Tell us about your educational background and professional development to date. This section is not assessed.
- Submit a short 2-minute video*.
- Include a nomination form which will need to be completed by your nominator.
- Provide the names and contact details of two referees.
* The short video is an application requirement. We are not assessing your film production skills so keep it simple by talking clearly to the camera. There is no need for any special effects or editing, as long as it is within the 2-minute time limit.