Applications are now CLOSED for 11th – 15th February, Eynsham Hall, Oxfordshire.
Who is eligible to apply for the Emerging Leaders Course?
We are looking for a diverse range of participants who will bring a breadth of experiences to the course and animate the group learning. Across all our programmes, we are not looking for fully formed leaders, but instead individuals who can demonstrate:
• An ambition to lead, a sense of purpose and vision
• A desire to better understand leadership
• Self-awareness, authenticity and openness to learning
• A commitment to and passion for the cultural sector
• A curiosity as to the wider context of culture
Our courses are supported by Arts Council England and to be eligible for a subsidised place applicants must be:
• Working in England (normally in the arts, museums and/or libraries sector)
• Committed to developing their career as a cultural leader in England
• Have between 2 – 5 years’ experience in the cultural sector and have some experience of initiating and/or managing projects.
Wellcome Trust supported places are available for leaders working within Arts in Health. To be eligible for a Wellcome Trust supported place you must be:
• Working in England with a track record of engaging the public with science, health or wellbeing.
• Twenty four places are available on each course.
• The quality of your application is of course considered in determining our final decision.
• When selecting we aim to create a balanced cohort reflecting the broadest range of backgrounds, lived experiences, geography and area of work.
• Applications are assessed anonymously.
• We will normally only have one participant from any one organisation on a single course. However, on occasion we may take up to two participants from the same organisation, as long as that organisation has more than 200 employees and the two participants do not work closely together.
• We will notify all candidates of our decision whether they are successful or not by the deadline given. Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications, we are unable to provide feedback should your application be unsuccessful.
• Approval of the selected candidates is made by the Learning and Courses Manager of the Clore Leadership Programme, whose decision is final.
Making Your Application Online
Application is by online form via our applications website users.cloreleadership.org
If you have never used it before, you will need to register an account. Please make sure that you read the instructions on the application website carefully and that you save the draft of each section as you complete it. Clicking the 'submit' button submits the relevant section to our system after which you can no longer edit that section. We recommend that you complete all the main sections and save the draft of each one, so that you can check them at the end before submitting them. If you think you may need to complete your application in a different way, please go to our section on Alternative Formats for Applications, below.
Your Nominator will be asked to complete a nomination form before you can submit your final application. Full details are provided on the online application form or through your alternative application format. It is important to ask someone who knows you, who understands your leadership potential and who can identify how attending the Short Course will benefit you and the wider sector.
Once you submit all sections and yourNominator completes the nomination form, it will unlock a Monitoring Section that you need to complete before your submission is finalised.
The Monitoring Section helps us to know who we are reaching with our programmes but is not assessed or visible to assessors.
What you’ll be asked to submit
You will be asked to:
• Write or relay short essay responses to questions on your leadership experience and ambitions.
• Tell us about your professional experience.
• Include a nomination form which will need to be completed by your nominator.
Alternative Formats for Applications
If, for any reason, you need to make your application in a different format e.g. offline or explained in British Sign Language (BSL) through an interpreter, then please contact us.
For instance, we may be able to support with costs for an interpreter to voiceover your filmed submission or we will make a translation of your application once we receive it. Please let us know if you wish to make your application in a different way. You will still be expected to make a full submission before the deadline.
If you require assistance in this or completing the application form, don’t hesitate to let us know. Please email email@example.com or call one of our team on 020 7420 9433.
To apply please click here
Be sure to complete your application by noon on 29th October 2018
Please read the terms and conditions before applying
For guidance on completing the application form check out our guide on how to write an outstanding course application.
To be notified of future courses please register your interest.