Join us for Governance Now, the flagship national conference for cultural sector trustees and professionals and be part of a positive culture change, becoming more aware, connected and empowered to address the challenge of achieving good governance.
Returning after sell-out success in 2018, this year’s conference will bring together a wide range of expert speakers to share insights and best practice to help you get ahead in the art of achieving good governance.
This year’s conference offers practical solutions to common problems, with top tips and shared experiences on how to create and maintain a high performing board. Session themes will tackle common knotty issues around governance structures, strategies and day-to-day relationship management.
Programme highlights include:
- Ros Kerslake OBE, Chief Executive, The National Lottery Heritage Fund (keynote)
- Moira Sinclair, Chief Executive, Paul Hamlyn Foundation and Chair, Clore Leadership (keynote)
Sector and governance experts sharing advice, tips and case studies on:
- Effective governance structures for inclusivity and community relevance (panel)
- Keeping on top of safeguarding policies and practice (workshop)
- Efficient financial management (workshop)
- Evaluating Board performance (workshop)
- Civic strategies for meeting the ongoing austerity challenge (panel)
- Dealing with the sudden loss of key staff (talk)
- Ways to improve board diversity and recruitment (talks)
Final keynote and other speakers to be announced shortly.
Attendees will benefit from:
- Top industry speakers and cross-sector networking opportunities for informal peer learning.
- A multi-track programme with flexibility to choose the sessions most relevant to you.
- A chance to take part in a facilitated Action Learning Set taster session (Action Learning Associates.)
This event is promoted by the Cultural Governance Alliance, a network of sector agencies led by Clore Leadership.
Join the Cultural Governance Alliance as an Organisational Member for free and receive a 10% discount on all tickets. It takes two minutes to sign up. This discount is for Organisational Members only.