Follow our participants' progress by reading their 'Discover Diaries', posted as weekly articles over in the Resources section of this site.
Join us for our online pilot Discover: a four week online introduction to leadership. Discover will help you gain insight into who you are as a leader and how to develop.
We will be piloting Clore Social Leadership’s Discover programme with a cohort of cultural professionals. This course is a great first step or refresh for anyone working in the cultural sector who is looking to develop themselves as a change-maker in order to transform their organisations, sector and the world around them.
Discover is a four week self-directed online course designed to fit around your day-to-day work. The average time spent is 4-5 hours a week. Self-reflection is an important part of the course which will challenge you to think critically about your leadership and aspirations.
What you’ll get:
- Weekly reflective writing and practical tasks
- Live webinars led by Clore Social and Clore Leadership staff (webinars will be recorded for those that can't make the live dates)
- Curated learning resources
At the end of the four weeks you'll have:
- A greater insight into your leadership strengths and areas for development
- A professional leadership development plan
- A network of fellow cultural sector change-makers
- The confidence and direction to continue your leadership journey
Who is it for?
Discover is for early career professionals in the arts, culture or creative sectors who want to understand themselves, their organisation and their development needs. Those moving into a new role or who want an opportunity to reassess their personal development or leadership plan.
When will it take place and what is needed?
- Kick off is on 4 March 2019 - everyone starts Discover together
- Throughout March – new resources and activities will be released weekly and can fit around your schedule
- You'll need access to the internet and to install some freely available apps such as Zoom, Dropbox and Slack
Tell me more about this pilot offer
Clore Social Leadership run monthly Discover programmes with leaders from the social sector. This pilot is our first opportunity to run this with a cultural cohort under the Clore Leadership banner. We are running the pilot at reduced cost to gain as much feedback as possible and determine where it sits within our wider programmes.
We hope to test the accessibility of Discover through this pilot and welcome applications from disabled change-makers. We will work with you to make the programme as accesible as possible.
Application is via a short online form where we will ask a couple of questions about where you are in your career and what you hope to gain from doing Discover.
Applications are now closed.
Maximum 25 participants per cohort. If the pilot programme is oversubscribed we will select participants on factors such as sector and organisation size to create as diverse a cohort as possible.
The pilot is available for a reduced price of £35. The payment will be processed by debit or credit card in late January.
Any questions about Discover? Get in touch with Learning and Courses Coordinator Lyndsey at firstname.lastname@example.org
The application deadline for this course has now passed. Be sure to register your interest to be the first to know about future events.