Join us for a day of Chair-CEO/Artistic Director Board Development
A bespoke, pragmatic and high energy session which will help to give the Chairs and CEOs/Artistic Directors of organisations the tools they need to work together in ensuring that their organisations can navigate the waters of artistic risk, financial information, legal responsibilities, strategic planning, finance, diversity, recruitment and succession planning.
This day provides a thorough grounding in the best practise of modern governance, led by our experienced trainers. By the end of the day you will:
- Be up-to-speed on current developments in governance;
- Have plenty of best-practice examples of effective governance from across the arts and culture sector;
- Have considered the relationship between the Chair and CEO/Artistic Director, reviewed whether it is working, and whether anything could be changed;
- Have received specific guidance and advice from governance experts;
- Have a practical toolkit to respond to the issues facing your board/organisation.
Who is it for?
This course is a priority for Chairs and CEOs/Artistic Directors of arts and cultural organisations who are interested, as a pair, in learning more about the principles of effective governance, and who are ready to interrogate their own practice in order to improve it. We are particularly keen to ensure that we are supporting Arts Council England National Portfolio Organisations.
Governance Associates Prue Skene and Tom Wilcox will be running this one-day course.
The Chair/CEO days are supported by Arts Council England, through a three-year grant to develop sector leaders working in England. The fee for the course is £300 + VAT for the pair. Organisational members of the Cultural Governance Alliance receive a 10% discount. Successful organisations will be invoiced for this fee upon being accepted onto the course. The fee is non-refundable.
Closing date for all applications: 5pm, Monday 15th July 2019
For more on Board Development and related resources and events, visit culturalgovernancealliance.org - a new membership network and resource for individuals and organisations interested in promoting and evolving good governance in the culture sector.