Just as the workplace, working practices and the workforce itself is shifting, we have created this page to provide some additional tools and resources to support our cultural leaders, their colleagues and their employees.
Immediate help with your mental health
- A collaborative project between BAPAM, Equity, The Stage and Spotlight which researches mental health well-being in the arts and cultures sector and aims to increase awareness of the impact mental health in the sector
- They have a variety of resources to support different needs, sections include: health, finances, career, relationships and supporting others.
Bectu (Union for media and entertainment industries)
- Blogpost ‘What does a mentally healthy workplace look like?’
- Members guide on promoting mental health at work
- Their website has a collection of resources for organisations providing mental health support for people working in the arts
- Mental health first aid training for the cultural sector
- Deliver whole-organisation training as well as training days for individuals
- Have a manifesto for mental health in the arts, cultural and creative sectors
- Is the UK trade union for creative practitioners.
- Resources to help you look after your mental and physical well-being, especially with issues affecting creative workers and women in the performing and creative industries.
- A UK based mental health charity that supports creatives in the arts industry
- Run mental health training and seminars for arts organisations
- Produce an award-winning podcast with discussed mental health in the arts at all levels
- Provides help and support for those who work in UK music and live events affected by mental ill-health and/or addiction.
- A wealth of advice to help musicians to look after their mental health and well-being.
Society of London Theatre
Theatre Means Business: Features are a number of workshops and webinar recordings covering health and wellbeing.
- A free, independent and confidential phone and email service that provides support to people working in the theatre industry
- An organisation which provides counselling and well-being support for people working in the arts
- Provides training for employers
- They hold monthly, online, free and confidential sessions for anyone working in the arts to speak with a counsellor
- They also provide freelance mental health support for stage and film productions
- An NHS resource that provides simple tips and advice to start taking better care of your mental health. If you are still struggling after several weeks and it is affecting your daily life, please contact NHS 111 online. If you have no internet access, you should call NHS 111.
Mental Health Tips for Arts Workers: an article from Shape Arts
We are continually looking to improve this page. If you have ideas, links, articles or examples of good practice that we can include, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org