"An amazing, life-changing experience, and I really enjoyed every minute. I came away feeling clearer about my goals and purpose, and I feel like I really challenged myself throughout the course. I've already employed many of the new things I've learnt and I'm looking forward to continued practice." Short Course Participant, 2017
We are inviting applications for the next two fortnightly Clore Short Courses in autumn 2018. Applications will close at noon on 29 May 2018.
Download the complete guide to applying for a Clore Short Course.
Dates of Courses:
- 8 October - 19 October, Craxton Wood, Cheshire
- 26 November - 7 December, Slaley Hall, Northumberland
Click here to apply: http://users.cloreleadership.org/
“There are no shortage of leadership or effective management courses available to those working in the arts, but none I’ve seen that are so sensitive, lean and investing as those run by Clore”. Employer of recent Short Course Participant
The Clore Short Course is the Clore Leadership Programme's intensive, fortnightly residential retreat which will give you the essential knowledge, confidence and skills required of cultural leaders today.
You will have the opportunity to reflect on your strengths, motivation and leadership style in order to be able to lead authentically - as yourself, not anyone else.
Clore Short Course at a glance:
||Clore Short Course
|| Two weeks
|| 5 years + of working in arts and culture, and significant experience of leading people and/or projects
|Who Are the Courses For:
- Ambitious and creative individuals who aspire to lead and make a difference to the sector
- People working in organisations, freelance artists and independents from across the visual and performing arts, museums and libraries.
For more detailed information on the course:
To hear from past Course participants check out our Articles.
Twitter Q & A:
Clore staff will be hosting a Twitter Q & A on 3 May, 1 - 2pm using the hashtag #CloreQandA. We will answer all your application and course questions whether a potential applicant or an employer.
The Short Courses are supported by Arts Council England, through a three-year grant to develop sector leaders. To be eligible for a subsidised place, applicants must be working in England and be committed to developing their career as a cultural leader in England.
Fee information can be found here.
A number of bursaries are available for the Short Courses.
How Do I Apply?
You can apply via our online application portal: http://users.cloreleadership.org/
We will ask you to:
- Give us details of your past work experience and professional history
- Answer three short essay questions (200 words each) reflecting on yourself and your leadership aspirations
- Name a nominator who will tell us a bit more about your leadership potential via an online form.
Applications will close at noon Tue 29 May 2018.
For full information on the Short Courses and how to apply click here.