Chairs & CEOs/Artistic Directors' Training Day
In a challenging economic environment Board members carry increasing strategic and legal responsibilities. This day will focus on the specific roles of both the CEO and Chair, highlighting the differences between non-executive and executive responsibilities and enabling each pair to work together to agree action points for their organisations.
Each day will be tailored to take into account the specific needs of the group and is likely to cover the following topics:
- General principles of governance and respective roles
- Vision and core values
- Artistic risk
- Finance and business planning
- Legal responsibilities
Each day will generally run from 10.00am to approximately 5.00pm and will include plenty of time for interaction, discussion and debate.
We will ask you to provide:
- The appropriate fee for the day (£300 +VAT per pair)
- A biography/CV of each participant (no more than one sheet of A4 paper)
- A short statement from each participant stating what they would like to get out of the Day and any particular areas of expertise they would like to cover
- The latest Annual Report and Accounts from your organisation
Dates & venues
The next training days will take place at:
Whitechapel Gallery, London on Friday 25 October 2013 (10.00am - 5.00pm)
The cost for each organisation is £300 + VAT based on two people attending the course.
For further information on how to apply and to access the application form please click here
Please note that the deadline for receipt of applications is Friday 28 June at 12.00pm.